DevOps in San Francisco
Director of Dev Ops and QA
Title: Director of DevOps and QA
Prodigy is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated individual for its Director of Quality Assurance and DevOps position. Prodigy being an early stage startup is looking for a candidate who can be both hands on and help us build a team of talented QA and devOps engineers.
On the DevOps side, you will bring your solid understanding of cloud architecture and deployments to help guide our vision and strategy for production operations. You will use your knowledge and experience of the DevOps, including production support, CI/CD, and cloud service delivery to set our team’s values and establish the production service KPIs which drive our success. On the QA front, we would need you to help build QA processes to streamline our release processes. Detailed responsibilities are provided below.
- Establish the service delivery culture for our business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team.
- Develop and maintain our platform services and tooling to provide event logging, metrics monitoring, CI / CD, and other backend services.
- Define our customer facing SLAs, and ensure our engineering teams are working towards those SLAs
- Maintain a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and operational issues.
- Work across the engineering team to influence software development to meet our operational needs and influence product and cloud engineering to improve the manageability, quality, and the supportability of our production services.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the production support of our services and streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Work towards building a high class team of Devops engineers by continuously hiring and building a robust pipeline of these engineers.
- Application release coordination with relevant teams (DevOps, Engineering, PM).
- Help Identify, diagnose, co-ordinate and resolve QA dependencies for multi-client SaaS product being supported on several different versions of browsers & multiple operating systems.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to escalate issues for triage and resolution.
- Regularly review test plans, analyze execution results, tickets and diagnostics with a post-mortem to identify trends or chronic issues and recommend corrections as appropriate.
- Work with relevant teams in developing a plan & implementation for automation, load-testing testing frameworks & infrastructure to ensure SaaS stability & scale with growing customer needs.
- Work towards building a high class team of QA engineers by continuously hiring and building a robust pipeline of these engineers.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5 years of experience as a Software Developer including 2 years of experience with Quality Assurance and DevOps
Apply For This Position
Prodigy Software Inc. is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Prodigy Software considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.